Friday, February 1, 2013

Girls day out progress

I have (almost) completed blocks, 2 and 3 of the GDO quilt and have block 4 drawn up and appliqued ready to stitch next week.
Here is how things are looking so far – laid out on my sewing room floor. 
 
IMG_0108 

I am really happy with my fabric choice and how its all looking, my only regret is that I did not cut around the stitchery blocks evenly so some of them are not perfectly centred with the border blocks. 

When I was trimming them after stitching it all seemed even but obviously was not.  Anyhow, a minor blemish that is probably more obvious to me than anyone else

IMG_0109 
IMG_0110

 

7 comments:

  1. You are so far ahead Sue...congrats. Love the look of it too! WooHoo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my you are flying along, great progress and I am loving your fabrics. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks great! I love your colour choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think they look gorgeous. Going to be such a lovely quilt when finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks lovely, you're really getting stuck into this one!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.