Monday, January 28, 2013

Strawberry fields and cushions

We spend a lovely morning at the Beerenberg Strawberry farm, which is near Handdorf in the Adelaide Hills.  Beerenberg are famous for their jams and chutneys which are sold all over the world, and even served on aeroplanes when you fly overseas. 

 

The first picture is of Mitchell in the green and Paige in the red with Jack in the background.   The second picture is jack and Leo.

You can eat as many strawberries as you like and pay $3 to pick them ( per adult) children are free.  They you also pay for the ones you pick to take home.

 

photo

photo 1

I can also show you some lovely cushions that have been completed over the long weekend.  You will have to wait and see who the lucky recipients of these are

 

From Allison

Alisson

From Jeneta

Jeneta

From Julieanne

Julieann

Last but not least, I worked on block 8 of the Fat quarter shops Mystery BOM today, Lime sherbet,  sounds delicious. 

I was planning to get stuck into my February block swaps but I am out of ink in my printer so I could not print the pattern off, so that can now be a job for next week.

block 8 lime sherbert

7 comments:

  1. Oooh some NICE cushions is that lot...
    Lucky recipients! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE STRAWBERRY PICKERs. I LOVE The cushions, especially the black and red one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great cushions and the cutes strawberry pickers there :) hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun going Strawberry picking with the granndies...They are growing so fast..
    Love all the cushions and a great block.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cushions look great.
    It looks like you had fun strawberry picking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cushions, all so different. I keep promising to take the boys strawberry picking but havent got there yet, really must while the weather is so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the pictures of the strawberry pickers... and lots of lovely cushions...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.