Friday, January 11, 2013

Girls day out, Day one, week one

Its not the first day that I have blogged about taking part in this stitch-a-long but yesterday was officially the first day that I started this project.
I was off work yesterday (with chesty thing), so what to do with ones time but start a new project.
But first I had to tea dye the cream fabric that I had purchased for the stitchery, so after that soaked in a tea bag mix (I googled how to do this) I hung it on the line.  Then I sorted through my threads and decided that I didn't need to purchase any new ones.  (I probably do need to tidy them all up). I also have a little storage box somewhere with lots of thread on little bobbins if I need more.
 
IMG_0002IMG_0004IMG_0005 
So after a visit to my LPS to get a new pen to draw the design on it with it was all steam ahead.
I was so keen to get to work on this it didn’t enter my head to take a pic of the drawn design BEFORE I started work, but here is what I have done so far (please excuse the crumpled fabric, its been in a hoop)
IMG_0007
As you can see, I have appliqued the roof, front under window walls, terracotta pots and fabric bolts.

I have started the stitching on the sewing table and front doors.  I am going to piece a mini quilt and then applique that onto the quilt hanger, I only hope that the whisper weft on the back of the stitchery acts nicely under the machine when I do that.  I am really looking forward to stitching the climbing roses.

IMG_0008

So next time I show this will be when all of the stitchery is completed.  I am hoping to get it done within a week but I think when I look at how much stitchery I managed last night I am being a little ambitious.




8 comments:

  1. What a great way to spend a day when you are not feeling 100%.
    Hope you are feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have got lots done on your first block. It's looking lovely. Hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  3. WooHoo Sue... looks great so far. I had better get busy too!
    Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good, those roses will be pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been busy and it is looking great. I got mine ready to stitch yesterday and hope to start that later tonight. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear that you've not been well but you certainly made good use of your time. the cottage stitchery looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.