Thursday, January 3, 2013

Getting excited about a girls day out.


This is what  I am really really excited about...
I have decided to use the Etchings range of fabrics by 3 sisters, as I have had this layer cake sitting in my stash forever (or so it seems). 

 
Just look at some of the lovely fabrics in this range


 And here is a close up of block one - I am going to purchases some basic Kona cream to do the stitchery, and when the pattern set arrives I will work out what extra fabric may be needed too. 

I also need to purchase the button set, and have found out from the designer of this quilt, Libby where I can get these from.




I am also planning to have a girls day out - or two of my own, why don't you join us. (click on button to go to the page with details).   It is being run by

Joy Coey of "Joypatch"
Vicki Tucek of "The Pickledish Patch"
Fiona Ransley of "Designs By Fee"
Dawn Hay of "As Sweet as Cinnamon"

Two guest designers will also share their designs with you!

Whatever you call them, they are always there.  Yes, UFO's or WIP's

I have signed up again with the lovely Wendy and Dawn from Sew its finished to encourage others and be encouraged to finish my UFO's.



As per my last post I have 9 in the pile, but I do have other stuff on the go, like my strip scraps where I have lots of blocks done but nothing really assembled yet (made over from all of my scrappy strips) I think there will be a couple of quilts in that style this year.

And who could resist this swap with Cheryll of Gone Stitchin, a nice pretty little project to kick of the new year.


And tomorrow night I plan to get my Christmas swap ticked off the list for January as well as block 7 of the Fat quarter shops mystery BOM.  A hot night, for some hot sewing as its going to be 44 tomorrow in Adelaide. I hope my air conditioner can keep up.


4 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE your fabric choice :) See you tomorrow night if we haven't melted by then :s hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your fabric choice too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am using this range in my kitchen for runners covers etc. It is beautiful fabric. Will look good in your quilt. I haven't sorted out my fabric yet but hope to use up some of my stash. Hugs....

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.