Saturday, January 26, 2013

Pond house table runner

In January 2012 I signed up for the Pond House BOM at my LPS, but after completing block one I decided that this quilt was not for me so I cancelled.
For the past 12 months the centre block has been sitting pinned to my design wall waiting for some inspiration.  My initial idea was to make it into a bolster cushion or something similar.
IMG_0064
Yesterday afternoon I had my mini version of FNSI and started cutting up scraps in similar colour ways to the block.  Then today I added a border, quilted it in an all over loopy design and wholla, I have a new table runner.

IMG_0068
IMG_0067IMG_0069

3 comments:

  1. Wow what a perfect make over for a UFO! Looks great, I really love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. who doesn't love a make over... that has worked out beautifully
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.