Sunday, December 9, 2012

Mystery BOM progress

Turning on my lap top, and ping, into my inbox popped the next invoice for the Fat quarter shops mystery BOM, where does the month go?

This was a reminder to me to get cracking on block 6, before block 7 arrived in my letterbox, so that's what I have been doing today.

(I did also plant some red and white petunias ready for Christmas).

But block 6 meant the end of row two, so this meant I had to make flying geese borders and join it all on.

Here is how it all looks - lovely.

Next year I am redecorating my bedroom, we are getting plantation shutters in white for the Bay window and  I am repainting my chocolate feature wall to a lovely sky blue. How perfect will this quilt look when its all done.  I am now at the half way mark on the blocks.


I still have the next striped border to do before I can add on blocks 7, 8 and 9, but that can wait till another day as completing them is still three months away

Now back to the sewing room to work on another project as I feel this one is pretty much up to date. 

Did you also notice my blog header had changed, I owed it to candy necklace to feature there as it is my first ever quilt sold.

4 comments:

  1. Your are such a talented stitcher. This looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this looks so fantastic.
    Liebe Grüße Grit from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I have been so tempted tog et my finishing kit out and start sewing it all together and now that I have seen yours I don't think I am going to be able to resist for to much longer. Thank you for sharing. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely!! I also have this BOM but have not had time to start it yet - seeing yours here encourages me to make the time to start it, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.