Thursday, December 27, 2012

Getting stuck into it.

In the aftermath of Christmas I enjoyed a day relaxing.  My house desperately needs a vacuum after having about 30+ people through the day before,  but that can wait.

So what have I done?

Firstly I have allocated the January block swap partners, and changed the look of the blog - new year new background.  Check it out HERE.

Then I tidied up my own blog, I realised that I had old buttons from swap groups long gone, and my Completed 2012 page was only up to July, so I painstakingly brought that up to date.

I have also changed the background.

Then I set to work on my block obligations. Firstly made my two six inch baskets for Mary, then made two 12 inch blocks for my January partners Dawnelle and Tanya.

Then drum roll please........  I made my cushion for my cushion swap.  Here it is, but I am not going to tell you who it is for until she lets me know that it has arrived.




Now I have four quilt tops to turn into quilts.  I doubt I will get through them all, but I will make a start on that now.

9 comments:

  1. WOW how good are you Sue.. Love the cushion.. I have a pattern organised so far...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed Sue!It's a lovely design :-) So far I've chosen the fabrics and cut out pieces for most of my cushion :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicejob Sue, the pillow is so beautiful. your partner will be very happy with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the blog looks lovely and tidy... and I love that cushion... you are so well ahead.... I'm still thinking!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the changes to both blogs. The cushion looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! These are great things to have accomplished before the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the new look blog. i will have to stop being a couch potato and do something about mine too. Having a closer look....seems I have missed out for your cushion swap this year. Oh well, my own fault....I have neglected my blog/blog friends too much lately.
    Cath @ Bits 'n Bobs

    ReplyDelete
  8. SUE Iam so impressed with your time management! I got so inspired that I almost have my cushion cover done. Iam worried about the size. Min. Of. 17". I think US pillow forms are different. WHAT ia the best FINISHED SIZE that will fit a standard form for Australia?

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.