Sunday, December 30, 2012

Checkered chickens completed.

Its so lovely having the week of between Christmas and New Years off.  I have been able to do lots of my favourite things, like cooking, walking on the beach and of course sewing.

Yesterday afternoon DH and I settled in to watch a DVD and I stitched the binding on the chickens quilt whilst watching it.  We then went out last night to watch a band play that we used to watch in the 80's.  DH went to school with the lead singer and drummer, and they reformed for one show only.

It was a lot of fun and they played songs that I had not heard in 20 years.  Most of the crowd were old school friends and the news of the band playing was from word of mouth and good ole facebook.

Anyhow, back to the chicken quilt, here it is, simple as last shown with the small red gingham check for the binding and backed in a check fabric to tie in with the front of the quilt.  I quilted it in all over stipple, but not over the chooks.  Then I stitched around each of the chooks. 




Now onto my next UFO - a baby quilt for DD#3 who is expecting a little boy in Feb who will be Grand baby #7 for us. (Grand son #5)

This quilt  needs the borders done, and then pinned and quilted. 

3 comments:

  1. Turned out great - a real chook-lover's delight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was looking at all the new quilts you are working on~ Lovely!
    I do so love this one, as I have a special lil-place for the 'chickens' smile!
    You do not look old enough to be a Grandma, I have seen pics of your sweet grand-blessings they are beautiful!
    Happy New Year Sue!
    Blessings~
    Lori (USA)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.