Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Owl quilt - part 4 and Dutch treats

The owls are now all lined up around the centre panels and stitched in place, now its time to add on the borders and then the quilting begins.
 
 


I also had a lovely surprise in my letterbox today from the very geneours Ank who is a member of my quilting swap group.  She is visiting her son in Adelaide, and he lives a street away from me.  How very thoughtful of her to bring me some pretty Dutch fabric.

Here is a panel with the sweetest little dutch children on it.


And this lovely fabric with windmills, clogs and tulips,  How lucky am I.
The owls are now all lined up around the centre panels and stitched in place, now its time to add on the borders and then the quilting begins.

5 comments:

  1. Your owl quilt is looking terrific. I'm sure the new owner will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Owl Quilt is sure looking good Sue :-) That Dutch fabric is so sweet; you'll have lots of fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing your cute owl quilt with the borders on..

    Was very thoughful of Ank to give you that lovely Dutch fabric...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lookin' good.... and yes you are lucky receiving that wonderful fabric! Enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Owl quilt is looking great! such pretty Dutch fabric too ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.