Saturday, November 17, 2012

ADELAIDE CENTRAL MARKETS


Last night DH and I went to Adelaide central markets.  There was a time when we used to go here once a fortnight on a Friday night to get our fresh fruit and veggies as well as an array of other treats.

As you ride down the escalator from the parking area you can smell a myriad of aromas such a cheeses, coffee, roasted nuts and fruit.  Walking past one of the fish mongers, they call out to customers to come in and buy their catch of the day.



After shopping we often used to visit near by China town for a delicious Asian meal but tonight we were shopping with friends and going back to their house to cook up the goodies.

I didn't have my camera on me, but took a couple of pics on my phone.  There are countless fruit and veg stores selling farm fresh produce,  I just love the colours.  Nectarines and mangoes are in season so in the shopping cart they went.  Along with tender young asparagus, baby spinach and lovely divine scented Thai basil.







This is one of my favourite stores and I cant help but buy a bag of lemon sherbets.  DH has a soft spot for chocolate coated aniseed rings.

And a visit to the markets would not be complete without one or two cheeses.  We decided on a soft blue from King Island near Tasmania as well as some imported Parmesan.  There were also a couple of tubs of olives, and some chili salami going into the cart.
We have some other friends coming over for drinks and nibbles tonight so I can share some of these lovely treats with them too.

4 comments:

  1. Yum! Looks and sounds like a wonderful place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun! I love browsing the markets for goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Markets are always so fun... I always go for the cheeses!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so with you on the lemon sherbets. Anything lemony always gets my vote! I love the Central Market too.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.