Monday, October 15, 2012

My first consignment

I am excited, I have my first ever order to make a quilt for some one, and get paid for making it, yippee.  One of the ladies that DH works with has ordered the Hooterville quilt that I made some time ago for my grandchildren.  She has requested this for one of her grand daughters as a Christmas gift.



This is the quilt I have made, and the order is for it to be made in predominantly pinks and aquas with a good other mix of colours thrown in.  I had lots of fun shopping online for an owl print for the border and found this one.............


I think it will work really well with some hot pink, bright aqua and apple green owls to make tie the border fabric in.  This was on a really cool website that I came across called Bug Fabric
They have a fantastic range of children's prints and some of the most unusual fabrics I have ever seen, like peacock feathers, and texture prints like bricks and grass or sky.  check it out.

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations Sue on order, this fabric is soooo seriously cute. I will have to have a peek at site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Sue..
    Love the border fabric you have found..
    will check out the site, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's exciting, first commission! That owl fabric looks just the ticket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your first order! The fabric looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you Sue. Adorable fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats... perhaps I should get your autograph before you become famous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. woohoo! congratulations! such a great looking quilt, and the colours for the order sound they will be fun to work with. Well done you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How brilliant - for both you and the customer. Wonderful colours

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.