Sunday, October 7, 2012

Candy necklace - completed UFO

I decided that before I started any new projects I needed to get a UFO done, and since I had a piece of batting in my cupboard the right size for this one it would find its way from a flimsy to a finish today.

With most of my larger quilts I tend to quilt in the ditch around the pattens and do stipple on the borders however I thought this one would look good with stipple all over.  This was the first time I had done this on a large quilt, and I found it surprisingly easy, starting at the centre block and winding my way out.




I made this in a range of fabrics called Dogwood roses which I purchased from Fabric direct in a set.  The white background has a small floral sprig design and is a nice crisp white. 

The pattern was featured Homespun magazine and was called trinket boxes by the designer who used quite rich exotic prints in her version.  However in the colour way I have used to make this quilt I think it looks like the edible candy necklaces that I used to have as a child hence the name I have given to my version. 

I love the pretty pattern of this quilt including the Seminole border.  I think it would look in many different colour ways.


The quilt is backed in cream sheeting, and as I did not have enough of any one of the prints for the binding, I have made this using half pink and half green of the larger of the dog wood rose prints

10 comments:

  1. Its just lovely Sue. A beautiful pattern and great fabric choice. I like the secondary pattern on the white between the blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks gorgeous Sue - the all-over stippling is a perfect choice!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quilt, very impressed you stippled it all over..it looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh it's sooo very pretty Sue. LoVe the colours and the border just adds the perfect touch to it! Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very pretty and happy quilt. Love your fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I 've been having some fun and satisfaction finishing off some long overdue UFO's lately too. It's a great feeling. Yours is great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect name for a lovely quilt it is certainly great to finish a UFO.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colours Sue! The quilt is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.