Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Two for One

I am sharing in the fun of the Fat Quarter shops Mystery BOM, in the beautiful Vintage modern range of fabric by Bonnie and Camille

Last night I completed block 4, and the FQS is so generous in their fabric for each block I decided to make a second one and turn it into a cushion, no surprises there with my latest fad.

Here is block 4, which is called "'breezy afternoon" kind of like the weather we have in Adelaide at the moment.


And here is the sweet cushion that I have made with the spare fabric.  I backed it in a fresh blue solid which I received in my fat quarter swap.  Which matches perfectly with the blue on the front


Last weekend I made the flying geese and joining rows for the first three blocks, don't they look fabulous put together.  I am getting so excited about this quilt.  It is made from 12 blocks so it wont be finished till well into next winter.

4 comments:

  1. These all look great Sue!!! ... I am loving the flying geese in the sashings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking great Sue... love the colours xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful sewing. I love vintage modern too, such lovely colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love making these blocks and I'm ending up with a huge pile of leftovers because, as you stated, they are VERY generous with the fabric each month. My daughters' room is in aqua and red so I'm using the leftovers to make things for their room. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.