Thursday, September 13, 2012

My Mystery BOM quilt progress report

 A few months ago I joined up with the Fat Quarter shops mystery BOM.

Here is block 3, which I completed last night.
 
 
And here are the first three blocks in this 12 block quilt
 

I am loving this range of fabrics - vintage modern by Bonnie and Camille,
 its so fresh and modern and just yummy.  I love all three, but I think block 3 is my favourite so far. 
I will certainly use these patterns in some of my block swaps.  
 
I decided to make sure it was finished off properly and also ordered the finishing set to go with it,
the pack of fabric is huge!!
 
  Now I have completed the first three I will make the sashing which is flying geese to go between them until my next delivery of block 4 arrived in a week or two.


And if this is anything to go by I am going to have plenty of fabric left over.  Here is my left over fabric from the first three blocks.  I am being frugal and cutting from the smaller bits left over from the first blocks first (if that makes sense), so I should be able to make quite a few throw cushion's to match the quilt with what it left.
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. I love these.... so pretty and fresh...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My... you are correct Sue... they are gorgeous fabrics and block patterns! The quilt will be wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous fabrics and gorgeous blocks xxx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.