Sunday, September 9, 2012

Cushion swap show and tell.

I spend a lovely morning in the garden tidying up after a wild and windy week of weather.  Swept, sprayed the weeds in the pavers and brushed all the out door cobwebs down.

After I have done my domestic duties, (and relaxed with a cuppa) it was off to the sewing room to make my partners cushion for the cushion swap as (finally) the fabric I had ordered had arrived.

My partners request was in purple and red, and I was really out of my comfort zone working with these two colours as I tend to be more of a blues or soft shabby chic girl.

I wanted to make something quite different so decided on a 3d rose effect.  The fabric is by Jinny Bayer and I think it suits what I have made.


Here is a close up of the scrolled roses, I used a different button for each centre to make it interesting.

 Here you can see the 3d effect and the pretty design of the fabric.
The roses look quite orange in the photo, but they are more of a red in natural light.

Maria has also completed her cushion swap, her partner requested a bedroom cushion in pink and white, and it was posted last week so should have reached its destination by now.  Isn't it gorgeous.

 
I love the way Maria has fussy cut the roses, and the fabric is so pretty and feminine
We have 16 ladies participating in this swap, I cant wait to see all of the beautiful creations that we are making for each other.

5 comments:

  1. Both cushions are gorgeous ladies!! I'm sure their recipients will love them!!! ... And Sue, well done on all the outdoors work! I'm not a big fan of gardening and outdoorsy-type maintenance, so I am impressed with the amount you were able to get done!! Your place must look beautiful!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have really been busy with both outside and sewing jobs...
    Love your 3D cushion... The purple and red look great... wonder if your partner is a Red hatter?????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two wonderful cushions. I wouldn't mind receiving one of those. The 3D effect of the roses is just amazing and the colors are fabulous. Great work, Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great cushion cover Sue. Different but stunning! And Maria's is just sooo sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.