Monday, September 17, 2012

An unexpected gift

The lovely Sue P of Quilty bits and bobs  sent me an unexpected parcel today of selvidges.

As most of you would know (as you would have received one) I send bookmarks made out of selvidges with all of my block swaps.  I try to make the book mark as close as I can to the colours of the block I have made for you.  Sue was saving selvidges after receiving a book mark from me, but she decided to gift them to me.

They certainly will be put to good use.  I am making a scrappy strip quilt its on the back burner or its in the WIP pile, and I had been toying with the idea of making some of the blocks with selvidges.  As Sue's gift included some lovely wide cut ones, I definitely think I will incorporate these into some of those blocks.


I also managed to complete my first ever knitted hat last night,  I took this photo myself holding the camera at arms length so please be kind lol.  DH and I are having tea with him mum Rina on Wednesday evening so I can give this to her then.  Now to set to work on one for me.  I have some lovely plum variegated wool to make mine with. 


4 comments:

  1. Bloggers are so thoughful.
    Love the hat.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic job on the "hat" Sue... it looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great job on the hat, love the colour!
    Cath @ Bits 'n Bobs

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.