Saturday, September 15, 2012

An exciting day

Today is one of my Grand son  Jacks second birthday and we are taking him (with mummy and daddy) to the Royal Adelaide show.  I have not been to the show for quite a number of years.  The show is always so much more fun through the eyes of a two year old.

And to make it even more exciting, we get to take his cousin Leo (my 2 and 1/2 year old grandson) with us as well, so stay tuned for some pics on that adventure tomorrow.

The lovely my postie delivered these to me yesterday

They are from Marie in Canada and on the post card she mentioned they paint the boats yellow so they can easily spot them.  Well its just as well my sailboats are all yellow too.

And today this lovely parcel arrived in the mail from Cheryll of Gone stitchn
Cheryll joined up with my cushion swap and was my partner.  I love the Dresden plate cushion she made me.




You can see a snippet of one of my other cushions, its a perfect match for my out door area

And look what else was included, a handy little quilters box to store all of those little odds and end.  inside was a personalised fridge magnet, and a cute luggage label.  I was very spoilt by Cheryll, thank you so much.

I have also worked on my first ever knitted hat again last night, and I am up to the decreasing, so it should be finished this weekend. I was a bit slow as the pattern I originally planned was a little too complex for me, so I had to start over on a simpler one.



3 comments:

  1. You have been a very busy lady Sue. I love your cushion too - lucky you. Nice colours!
    Enjoy the show!
    Cath @ Bits 'n Bobs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some lovely goodies there! Have a lovely time at the show, much more fun with little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the cushion is what you wanted Sue, Glad it arrived safe-n-sound! Love your new hat too!
    Enjoy your adventure at the "show".

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.