Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Squishy mail, a finish and puzzles

Its always a good day when you arrive home to a fat squishy parcel in the mail, and this was my treat today.

Two months ago I joined up with Cathy in her Fat quarter swap, and this month my partner was the lovely Barb.  The theme this month was "our choice" so I requested navy blue or spots as I dont have a lot of that in my stash.

I feel utterley spoilt with what Barb sent me, take a look........

A lovely solid navy blue, a pretty blue spot, three skeins of embroidery silk, one white, and two blue, some pretty ribbon and the most adorable pretty fabric covered notebook.  It was all beautifully wrapped in pretty paper.

Last night I stitched the binding on my French General jelly roll sampler quilt.  This is not the best photo, I will take a new one on the weekend when I can do it in the daylight.


 And look what I am starting tonight. ..... Don't you love jigsaw puzzles.  I have quite a collection, and have not completed three of them, so that's just what I am going to start tonight.  Its been ages (more than a year) since I last did a jigsaw puzzle, and when I spotted them in the top of my linen closet (I forgot I had them) I could not wait to get started.
Catcha next time, I have a jigsaw puzzle to start.

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you Sue, I love jigsaw puzzles but hardly do them any more. Comes down to quilting or puzzle - no brainer there, quilting wins every time. I like to do puzzles without looking at the picture. Comes from my very first large puzzle coming in the wrong box altogether! I also love the Wasjig puzzles for a fun puzzle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun to get a squishy like that.... and I love your sampler quilt.... enjoy the jigsaw ... I haven't done one for ages...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely little parcel you have received. Love the quilt Sue.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.