Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Practice pillows

I have ordered some fabric to make my partners cushion as I dont have enough of her chosen colours in my stash (or the right sort of prints for what I had in mind). It was fun shopping online for just the right shades. I was too impatient to wait till it arrives to start playing with making cushion covers so I had a practice run with one for me.

One of my plans for myself this year was to make some patio cushions for our new pergola and out door setting and I have had some fabric sitting in a pile that I purchased quite some time ago so what better time to get started on this so thats exactly what I have done.

 I plan to use greys and greens, and oranges and browns and stick to fresh modern prints.

This is just a simple one with a fussy cut centre on the print.  Sometimes the simple ones are the best, dont you agree. I am pleased with how it has turned out.



 I decided to use some of the outer border as a trim on the button hold band, I think its quite effective.

3 comments:

  1. I think you must be the queen of cushion making and they always look good. Looking forward to seeing more from this swap.
    Cath @ Bits 'n Bobs

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a fast worker Sue. Cushion looks great....
    Love your Bali photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cushion is very pretty.Thanks for inspiring us.
    Embroidery designs

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.