I am still practising my cushion skills, and think I am getting better. This is the one I have made today, my first attempt at a piped edge, but I never had any cord to make it sit right. I am still pretty pleased with the finished attempt, and think that the skinny orange border sets it off nicely. My main aim in this one was to show case the pretty bird print with a simple square in a square design. The outer border is a neutral linen, and I used this on the backing pieces too.
The second cushion I am showing you today is one I made quite some time ago, but have never blogged about it. This was to go with my daughters quilt Ooh la la that was black white and red and French themed. It was simply to use up the left over fabric with a simple frilled edge.