Saturday, July 28, 2012

The same star

I have not done any sewing in over a week, I guess its the excitement of going on holidays and finalising travel plans, (the finals of Masterchef), work committments blah blah blah.

But I did get a couple of hours in today and made block 2 of my Fat quarter shop Mystery BOM.  This one is called mint julep

This is the July block, August should arrive just after I get home from Bali.

My August Swap partner in QBSA requested any star in blue or shades of blue so while I was making this block, I made a blue one at the same time.  Its actually quite challenging getting blues to match, and I now know that I dont have any navy blue in my stash so I will have to rectify that.

Its amazing how different a block can look in different colour ways

3 comments:

  1. Sue both of your blocks (includes last post)for the new quilt looks wonderful...love the colour choice! And I'm sure your partner will love her block too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. two lovely blocks... you must be getting excited for your Bali trip...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sue, for some reason I haven't noticed your blogs for awhile and only thought the other day that we have not communicated for awhile. Love the blocks and have a great time on your holidays.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.