Wednesday, July 18, 2012

An unexpected visitor

DD #3 is expecting a new baby in Feb but she is having a terrible time with morning sickness lasting all day. Today she was admitted hospital to be on a drip to keep her fluids up so Jack has come to spend the night at Nana Sues house..  Here he is all fresh from his bath and having a cuddle with Nonno before bedtime.


Yesterday Block 1 of the Fat quarter shops Mystery designer BOM arrived, so I had to make it straight away.  Just as well that they sent more than enough fabric as I made some silly mistakes and had to redo some bits.  That's why you don't sew when you are sleepy.  I have ordered the sashing and binding set to go with this, I think its going to be a lovely modern fresh quilt if block #1 is anything to go by.

Earlier in the week I finished the quilting on the jelly roll sampler quilt (over two nights) and here it is all folded ready for me to work on the binding.  I am taking a break and will probably get to that on the weekend.

I also completed my 6 inch block swaps for July on Sunday afternoon, pop on over to the 6 inch blog if you want to see what I have made for Chantell

3 comments:

  1. Hope your DD is feeling better soon even though it is nice to have a sleep over with Jack.
    I do think the colours in your block are nice and modern.
    Great job on yur quilting too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such glorious stitching. Your poor DD so horrid for her. Little Jack is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry to hear DD is having a hard time but so nice for Jack to come and stay.... lovely new block and well done with the quilting...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.