Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Teddy quilt completed

I finished stitching the binding on my teddy cot quilt tonight. This will be a gift for some friends of ours Varnia and Simon who are having their first baby in August. We dont know if baby will be a girl or boy so I had to make one to suit either.

I am loving the pretty raspberry reds with aqua blues that are around at the moment and decided on this colour scheme. I used the teddy template from a much larger quilt - vintage bears. (still on my to make on day list).



Instead of stitching in the ditch - like I normally do, I simply stitched 1cm around each side of each border including the inside of each square on the centre panel.  


I did an all over heavy quilting design around the bear on the soft blue fabric only.  It doesnt really show up in the photo.  I also quilted around the edge of the bear to make it stand out.  The bear was machine blanket stitched on.


The finished quilt is a nice cot size or floor rug.  I have also put a hanging sleeve on the back in case they will to use it as a wall hanging for the nursery.

2 comments:

  1. It's really cute Sue..... there is something about teddy's with fat tummies ..... great idea to include the hanging sleeve...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little quilt/hanger is beautiful Sue. It will be much loved I'm sure! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.