Sunday, June 17, 2012

Sunday sewing

Silly me, I joined up for FNSI completely forgetting that we had an Adelaide crows home game, so instead I did Sunday sewing.  Maybe I can start a new trend here.

So what did I do today.

Firstly I joined together most of my little sail boats in my Regatta quilt.  These are from blocks received in the 6 inch group, + a couple that I have made.  I am loving how this is looking.  As the blocks are paper pieced I offer a star as an alternative if you cant paper piece.  I think i will have a star in each corner.


I also made one Farmers wife block and joined a row together ready to join to the main quilt.  its amazing how simple little jobs like this take so much time, cutting all the 6 inch strips and the 1&1/2 inch cornerstones.  I am using a black jelly roll and trimming it down, and I get absolutely covered in the black lint from the little zig zag edges - messy stuff. So no photos on that yet.

My white rabbit list if getting quite a few ticks, a bit more to do though in the next two weeks of June.

4 comments:

  1. The little boats are looking so cute. will be a lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sailboats look great all together.... sometimes those organising type jobs do seem to take a lot of time... but then it all comes together like magic....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is coming together nicely Sue ;-)
    this will make a perfect little boy's quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sailboat fabric, perfect match to the blocks. Very sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.