Sunday, June 24, 2012

Simple sewing


87. Star gardener
I don't have a great deal to show for this weeks sewing, as much as I had the mindset to sew, some how I just didn't seem to be able to find the time.

88. Star of hope

On Friday night I managed to make the next two Farmers wife's blocks




I managed to make the centre piece of this little cot quilt - and appliqued the teddy


Today I put the squared border on, and the red and blue borders on,  I took this pic as I was preparing to make the quilt sandwich.  The majority of this fabric is from a fabric bundle I purchased a month or so back from Fabric worm - they are this months sponsor for QBSA

The backing is a cute naive angel bear - this quilt is now all pinned ready for the quilting


The sun was out today which was a treat after a very wet and wild week
My nephew Andrew came for a visit with his three girls, my great neices (Jasmine, Lilly and Rosie) and we took the dogs for a run in the local dog park

I also managed to prune my roses and blow vac my courtyard
How pretty are the jonquils, their perfume is amazing.


And not forgetting the pretty pansies, I have poppies planted as well, but they are yet to flower.


3 comments:

  1. You have got a lot of things sewn as well as a walk and some gardening.. Great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love your little cot quilt ... soooooo cute ... looking forward to seeing it finished ... and I also love your pansies ... they would have to be one of my most favorite flowers ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute little teddy on the quilt. I like the fabrics in your Star of Hope. And beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.