Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Zakka - what is it all about?

I have been seeing Zakka style popping up on a number of blogs and found a Zakka sew along group, so I have decided to join in the fun

I didn't really know what Zakka was so I googled it.  For those that don't know its a Japanese word meaning "many things".  The term means anything that can improve your home, life and appearance - sounds good to me.

Looking on the sew along site, there are so many cute little things being made, and they are all fresh and modern simple projects.  But where to find the patterns.  Well, more exploring on google and I found a Zakka sewing book with 24 projects in it. 

And from the projects I can see in the book and on the sew along this seems to be the book to use.  I found the book on a wonderful site called fishpond.com and it was at the bargain price of $13.50 with free postage.  So of course I placed an order.  Now I cant wait for it to arrive so I can start playing along and making all sorts of fabulous gifts.

Tonight I have been sewing a baby quilt for a friend that is expecting in a few months time, we don't know what they are having so its being made in a mixture of pinks, blues, greens and lemons.  Stay tuned to see the final product.

My plan for the rest of the week it to get Mitchell's BIG boy bed pinned and start the quilting of that this weekend.  And hopefully get the final borders on the French General jelly roll quilt.

So many quilts to make, so little time to make them...... and I keep on wanting to start new projects.  Ah the life of a quilter.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no I have just logged onto Fishpond and bought the Zakka Book too.. Look like fun little projects.

    Have fun doing the baby quilt and also Mitchell's Big Boy one.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.