Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A new project

I LOVE starting a new quilting project, everything is exciting and new and I have indulged myself in one as  a reward for sticking to my list and getting all of my jobs done :)

Some months ago I came across this pattern in Homespun magazine and immediately fell in love with it.

When I took delivery last month of the dogwood rose fabrics from fabric direct I instantly knew that this fabric range was perfect for this quilt.

Here are the first three blocks, I wont be showing any more until the quilt is together, but its easy to see how pretty this is going to look in a shabby chic colour way.


I have also made two more blocks for my Farmers wife quilt.  One of them is a "ring in", its the pretty violet block that I made for Cathy in the 6 inch swap.  I really liked this block so I made one and am substituting one of the blocks and replacing it with this.  I have also made block 85, Square dance
Now I need to get to work on my second PIF obligation - pattern picked, fabric picked.

4 comments:

  1. I think the fabric you choose is PerFecT Sue. You'll be over the moon with the new quilt I'm sure! EnJoY ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure are going through that list Sue.
    Have fun making your new quilt...

    ReplyDelete
  3. that will be a lovely new quilt you are making ... such pretty fabrics..
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those fabrics are perfect, so pretty against the white!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.