Tuesday, May 1, 2012

My sailing Regatta

Some more of my fabric purchases has arrived in readiness for a quilt to be constructed.  This one is to be made with blocks collected in the 6 inch group of QBSA.  I have made two of these (to practice my paper piecing skills)

Here are the blocks that I have started putting borders on.
I quite like them with just the side borders as the spots are elongated like eggs.


These two little cuties joined the carnival today and have sailed all the way from California


 And have look at some of the fabulous fabric that I have purchased to go into this quilt.  This arrived in the post yesterday (along with the spotty fabric).


Today was an absolutely miserable day in Adelaide, cold, wet and windy. But when I woke up this morning a spot of sunshine out my back window as my Bird of Paradise plant has its first flower.



6 comments:

  1. Wow, those block really look fantastic together!! And that fabric is perfect!!! ... Also, the bird of paradise flower is gorgeous - as always!! LOVE this flower!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous little block you are receiving in your swap and the fabrics you bought will go well with them.

    Nice Bird of Paradise.
    It is still sunny here and will be 33 tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome blocks. The fabric you bought matches your blocks perfectly, I sense another wonderful quilt coming by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic blocks... that was a great idea to collect those...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute sail boats there Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is going to be a great quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.