Sunday, May 20, 2012

Makes your heart melt

What a busy day in the sewing room today.  I had Mitchell's BIG boy bed quilt all pinned for over a week but had not got around to quilting it, and since I was going to his house for tea tonight (for my birthday) I really had to get a move on to get it ready for him.

So I locked myself away and quilted around all of the blocks in the ditch and did stipple on the borders.  DH came home from work just as I had machine sewed the binding on and just had to hand stitch it on the back.  DD's house is a 45 minute drive, and I got more than half of this stitching done on the journey there.

Look how proud Mitchell is with his new quilt snuggled under it with Nonno.  It just makes your heart melt.  The colours almost match his pajama's

6 comments:

  1. So sweet - obviously his colours! You are having the never ending birthday celebration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue they both look very happy and snug in the quilt.... definitely a melting heart picture....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photo Sue... great quilt too... and Happy Birthday xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sue... its gorgeous! He'll sleep well under that beauty!
    HaPPy BiRthDaY for Wednesday too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous photo and quilt.You did well getting it finished....

    Have a great Birthday on Wednesday...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Sue - soo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.