Friday, May 11, 2012

I have a birthday coming up

Today I had a super busy stressful day at work and met DH for a nice glass of wine at the end of the day to unwind.  Feeling all lovely and relaxed I arrived home a short while ago to find not ONE, not TWO but THREE squishy parcels waiting for me.  (And the water bill) but who cares about that one.

The first package was my delivery of absolutely gorgeous fabric purchased from Fabric Direct.com. 
This range is called Dogwood Trail and I ordered two sets of half yards.
Take a look, how delicious is this

Now I need to search for a pattern to use it in.  Its such a pretty shabby chic range - just my cup of tea.

I also purchased this pattern to make these super cute slippers.  The pattern is a fabric direct exclusive.  I think I will lock myself in my sewing room tonight and whip up a pair for mum.


Inside of this big fat parcel was also two sets of fat quarters as a gift from fabric direct to use as a give away on my quilting group blog.  Read all about that here

And last but not least is my Birthday parcels.  I am participating in a small birthday fat quarter group where we each send one another a fat quarter in our chosen range for our birthday.  And as my birthday is coming up some of the ladies have sent the parcels early.

The first one is from the lovely Helen at Aunty Hennys blogspot its one of my favorites in the French General range with a cute sewing machine card.

The second birthday parcel came gift wrapped in cute fairy gift wrap - I was tempted not to open it till my birthday but couldn't resist.  It is from the very lovely O'Faigh from Oldbury cottage.  Inside was a gorgeous blue for my shabby chic collection, a cute coin purse pattern and a sweet to satisfy my sweet tooth.



Thank you ladies, I already feel so spoilt.

4 comments:

  1. Nice parcels to receive on a Friday too! And with many more to come for the birthday girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great parcels Sue..Love your 1/2yd fabrics..
    You have receive some early Birthday FQ's gifts...Lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooooh... such pretty fabric.... I'm looking forward to seeing what you make.... enjoy all your b'day fabrics...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning Sue, glad your gift arrived safe and sound.....enjoy....Regards, O'faigh

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.