Saturday, May 5, 2012

Frustration and finishes

With all of the quilt finishes that I am working on my poor little Farmers Wife's blocks again have taken a back seat.

I am putting together a lap quilt for my girlfriend Deb's 50th birthday - with the blazing arrow blocks in the QBSA 12 inch block swap.  I am just waiting one more block to finish this quilt off.  I did however receive two identical blocks in this swap so this evening I have made a matching cushion to go with the lap quilt.  This gives you an idea of what the finished quilt will look like as I am using the same red to sash the blocks with, and bind the quilt.


Here are the Farmers wife's blocks that I have worked on this week.

79. Silver Lane
 This one is not really wonky, it was folded and its a bit crumpled in the photo.
80 Single Wedding star

81. Snowball
 My silly computer loaded all of the photos sideways, I think the fussy cut owl is cute in the centre of this block.
82. Spider legs
 The Spider legs block is terrible, and this is my second attempt - hence my frustration.  I think so far this has been the most difficult block to make, and looking at this I am going to have to give it another go.  Third time lucky I guess
83. Spider web
 I love love how this one looks.  I really like this block and may have to remember this for a choice in a future block swap quilt.
84. Spool
The photos all loaded side ways, the spool top is pink and the stripes run like if they were on a cotton reel.

4 comments:

  1. I like the spider web too. Would there be a pattern for that somewhere? other than in this quilt that is? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous blocks. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have managed lots of blocks...the blazing arrows quilt will be stunning...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.