Friday, May 25, 2012

Cold weather = Sewing weather

BBBBrrrrr Winter is here.  Its so cold and wet in Adelaide this week, so I hope to spend the whole weekend tucked away in my house, and in particular in my sewing room..

This arrived in the mail today which has got my creative juices flowing to try a few of these sweet little projects. Perfect for chilly weather sewing.

The other mail delivery I have received this week is more pressies from my Fat Quarter birthday swap.
Christine from MacDonalds Patch sent me a pretty red from my Favourite French General rage.  Gorgeous.


Pat sent me the sweetest soft green shabby chic fabric as well as the cutest chicken magnet, with a clever concertina address book inside


And last but not least the very generous Bev from Kanga happenings sent me a cute card with a stylish black and cream FQ, some large buttons (love these for the backs of cushion covers) and some nice neutral embroidery silk.  I also received a personalised embroidered fabric piece, and I need to think of something clever to use that in.  Maybe one of my Zakka projects.


I have quite a pile of WTD's to get through this weekend, (work to do) to name a few:

1. Quilting a Blanket of love to send to Cheryll (all Pinned and ready to go)  DONE
2. Add borders to my French General Jelly roll quilt  DONE
3. Block 5 of Shabby cottages (fabric picked)  DONE
4. Make one or two Zakka projects (to catch up on the sew along) DONE (two)
5. Make one or two Farmers wifes blocks
6. Start my new Shabby chic quilt with Dogwood roses fabric
7. Plan my next PIF gift (pattern picked out but sshhh, its a surprise)

As well as that I am going to be busy on the computer sending out the June partners, with 10 new members joining us in QBSA.  DONE
But tonight its off for a Thai feast followed by a movie (the 5 year engagement) with a few friends.

What are you doing this weekend, what ever it is, I hope you enjoy it. 
Till next time, quilted hugs,
Sue x

3 comments:

  1. It's chilly here too... so I'm hoping to get in some more sewing as well!
    Good luck with all your projects too!
    Enjoy your night out tonight! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun with your new book and also working on your list.

    Nice FQ's for your birthday too.Hoe you had a great day.

    Enjoy your meal and movie..

    ReplyDelete
  3. heading into summer here maybe winter wont be to bad this year our last one wasn't

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.