Friday, April 13, 2012

A productive week

It does not feel as though I got to spend a great deal of time sewing this week, but when I look back I can see that I did actually accomplish quite a bit.

Starting with tonight I decided to make a gift for one of my PIF recipients for 2012,  So far I have two ladies that have taken up the offer for me to make them a gift, and in return they make 3 more friends a gift, paying it forward.  So if you are interested, be quick and leave me a message and you can be lucky number three.

As we are heading into winter, what better way to cheer up a room than a colourful cushion, so this is what I made using a charm pack called Twirl.  I did have a bit of trouble with my automatic button hole function not doing what it was supposed to, but then again its probably the user (grin).


back of cushion
Mid week I put the borders on Leos Big boy bed quilt and tonight my initial plan was to lay this out and pin it ready for quilting, until I realised that I did not have a piece of batting large enough.  Never mind, I need to get Mitchell's Big Boy bed quilt put together so I will purchase the batting for both of them at the same time.  Here is the flimsy, a nice size to fit onto a single bed.  I think I will bind this in the orange.

Earlier in the week I worked on more scrappy strips and joined some together to make blocks, here are the first five.  This is going to be a fun quilt when its finished, and it will be made entirely from my scrap box.


Well, thats been my week, now I am going blog hopping to read all about yours.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, I would love to partcipate in your PIF, and pay it forward to 3 others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky recipient. The pillow is gorgeous. i love the fabrics.
    Scrappy sting quilts are awesome. They look great and help us get rid of all those scraps.
    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Sue. All your projects are wonderful. I just LoVe the cushion and its bright colours. Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of lovely projects... I do like that happy cushion...and Leo's big boy quilt is lovely... annoying when supplies are not on hand.. they should be able to magically appear when we need them.... love your strippy blocks...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's me.....I am the lucky recipient of this gorgeous cushion!! It was waiting for me when I returned home yesterday and since I hadn't peeked in here before was a lovely surprise! Thanks Sue, I love it!
    Cath
    @ Bits 'n Bobs

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.