Friday, April 27, 2012

My week

I can confirm that Leo's BIG BOY bed quilt has been completed, (all but the label).  I decided to bind this in navy and am pleased that I did.   I used a lovely blue all over starry night print for the backing.

Several years ago my husbands sister lost her battle with cancer and I inherited her boxes of wool and knitting needles and patterns.  I used to be a prolific knitter (knitting one off designs for a shop in Adelaide).  But since I have been a quilter I never have the urge to knit or crochet.

But lately I have been noticing quite a few granny square rugs popping up on various blogs making me want to make one.  So this week I started, using up all the scrap bits of wool and partial balls.  It something I can do watching TV, as lucky I can crochet (and knit) without having to look at what I am doing much at all.

This week I have also finished block four in the Shabby cottages, a free online BOM by shabby fabrics.  As then next pattern is out on May 7th I decided I needed to get cracking on that.

Here are the first four houses in my little shabby village.


1 comment:

  1. I love the shabby little village - not too shabby in my book. Granny square rugs remind me of my childhood. I am working on one myself when I am sitting in the car waiting for the boys. It might take years but that is ok. Happy crocheting!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.