Saturday, April 28, 2012

Leos BIG BOY bed quilt complete

My darling grand son Leo turns 2 on May 6th, and he gets to go into a BIG boy bed. So Nana Sue had to make him a new quilt for that. Of course I made it to fit nicely on a single bed.

Its a simple square in a square pattern with the block centres being animals from a panel that I had in my stash for many years. The bulk of the quilt is made using 10 little things range, perfect for little boys.
I quilted it in the ditch around each block and stipple on the borders. The background is a soft blue with all over stars.

5 comments:

  1. So cute - he is going to love it - I really need me some grand kids but might be waiting a while - do you think the soldiers would object to a few jungle animals on their quilts? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful. Leo is going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Big Boy Quilt. I am sure Leo will be very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job on this quilt Sue. Your little man will LoVe IT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky Leo! This is a great quilt for a big boy.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.