Sunday, April 22, 2012

Its time to buy some batting

Its been a dreary old Sunday evening in Adelaide and we just had a mini hail storm bbbrrr.

So what better way to spend an evening that sewing.

I am pleased to say that I got not only the sashing but the borders on Mitchell's BIG boy bed quilt so now I have two flimsy's ready to go.  I think I need to pay a visit to spotlight this week to purchase enough batting for these two, and while I am there I better get enough for my French General jelly roll sampler quilt as well.

Here are the flimsy's for Leo and Mitchell's BIG for bed quilts

 A closer look at Mitchell's quilt
 An even closer look at the squares
Both of these were made predominantly with the new range 10 little things, I started with a layer cake.  The zoo animals in the centre of Leo's quilt was made with a panel I have had in my stash for several years, as well as some marble fabrics that set it off nicely. 

 I was going to bind Leo's in the orange but think I will use the green that is the sashing in this quilt, and probably bind Mitchell's in either a navy or a red, what do you think?

Leo turns 2 on May 6th so I might have to get cracking and get his done in time for that, (Mitchell turned  2 on December 13th last year).

Next I have Jack turning two in September
so I have to start thinking of a BIG boy bed quilt for him before long .

All of these grandies sure keep me busy in the sewing room. 
No wonder a good part of my stash is nursery or children's novelty prints.

Have a fabulous week every one and take a moment to remember our soldiers
 on Anzac Day this Wednesday

LEST WE FORGET




5 comments:

  1. The quilts look amazing. Love Ten Little Things line of fabric, specially the owls.They are so cute. Well done, Sue!
    Have a great week,
    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Sue! Those flimsies look fantastic!!! ... I would go the navy binding ... I can't see much red in the top, but a dark navy would look fantastic to bind ... but then, I'm only just finishing my first quilt - and I got advice on the borders from others too, lol! ... The grandies certainly are lucky to have such a wonderful Grandmother (Nana? Granny? Grandma?...)!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What adorable quilts!! I'm sure they will be well loved by the boys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just lovely little quilts.... have fun with the next bit....
    Enjoy hte rest of the week...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous quilt tops - they are going to be loved that is for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.