Monday, March 19, 2012

Starting Leo's big bed quilt

My two oldest grandsons, Mitchell and Leo are now in BIG boy beds, so I have a good reason to make them a new quilt each.

Firstly I am making one for Leo as he loves zoo animals. I have had a panel of animal prints for quite a few years in my stash, so this was a perfect opportunity to use them

So firstly I cut the panel up into squares.


Then matched them with some tone on tone fabrics


And some funky squares from a layer cake


How cute to they look


Now I have to get to work finishing them off,
then I need to decide on how I will put them all together.




6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous blocks! Seriously cute! Great colours and fabrics chosen. Hurry up and get stitching - I wanna see the end result - too cute. Leo is gonna love it! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. Your blocks couldn't be prettier. I love the animal prints. your grand son will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Both boys in big beds already,how time has flown.
    I really love the way you have made your blocks. Your colours all match perfectly.
    I am sure Leo will LOVE his new quilt.
    what are you doing for Mitchell???

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's going to be amazing... lovely blocks
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous quilt. I'm sure Leo will adore it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What amazing fabric Sue and I love the design you have chosen to frame the animals. Leo is going to be beside himself with excitment when this goes on his "big" bed.
    Cath
    @ Bits 'n Bobs

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.