Monday, March 12, 2012

Long weekend- party on the river.

It was a long weekend in Adelaide to celebrate the running of the Adelaide cup (horse race).  Adelaide locals call it "mad March" as we have the clipsal 500 V8 motor race, the Adelaide Fringe festival, WOM Adelaide music festival and the Adelaide Cup. 

This weekend saw us take a trip to Blanchetown on the lovely Murray river to celebrate a friend from works 30th birthday. Donna hosted a lovely riverside dinner party on the banks of the river, and DH and I (and quite a few other friends from work) took the opportunity to spend the whole weekend on the river. Here are a few snap shots of the weekend.
 
DH and I arrive at the party
The girls from work - Donna is in the middle

Sunset on the river
I love watching the pelicans, there were 100's of them feeding at the lock




The following day we went for a ski (I stayed in the boat).

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow! It looks like you had a lovely time! great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had a wonderful time. Judging by the photos...you had!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like you had a great time with some perfect weather ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.