Wednesday, March 28, 2012

I have redeemed myself

Or at least that's how I feel.
I have taken a rare day off work today to clear my head and have spent it cooking and sewing and sipping coffee in the sunshine.

Sometimes life gets us down, and the pressures and deadlines of a job make you feel like you need to take a step back and catch your breath.   Call it a sickie, or truancy but when I only take 3-4 sick days a year sometimes you need a day for your mental health and well being too and that was my today.

On the cooking front my house smells amazing with a lamb rogan josh simmering away.
On the sewing front I have completed 5 more Farmers wife's blocks, and with the two rows and three blocks done last Sunday I feel caught up on this project now and can put it on the back burner for a week or so.

Here are the five blocks I made today.
74. Ribbons

75. Rosebud

76. Sawtooth


77. Seasons

78. Shooting star

4 comments:

  1. lamb rogan josh.... I wish I could pop over.... yummo... lovely blocks and I do hope your health is much improved after a day off.... we all need a day off every now and then...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love lamb rogan josh!! What a great dinner you've got planned for tonight!!! If our (kinda) faux brother (lived with us for his high school years plus a couple more ... he's family) wasn't bringing over crayfish tonight for dinner, I would so make up some of that!!! ... Your blocks are lovely - this quilt is looking so great in the bright colours you've used!!! Looking forward to the next few!!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you needed the break! Good for you knowing when to give yourself some time out. Love your blocks. They look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummm! I have never had lamb rogan josh, but it sounds so good! (I'll have to google search and see what some recipes are for it).
    Hope you continue to enjoy catching up with some fun crafts, sewing and such!

    Lovely blocks and I love the photo of the quilt in your previous post!!!

    Blessings & Aloha!
    I left a thank you comment to your comment on Sew It's Finnishes...and wanted to stop by to say thank you again :o) please do stop by my blog, if you have any free time...

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.