Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Blocks completed Leo's quilt

Last night I completed 24 blocks that will form the basis of Leo's BIG boy bed.  Now I am going to set to work on some for Mitchell before I the purchase the fabric for sashings and borders

I am using the same layer cake 10 Little things that has lots of fun prints including trucks and owls which will be used for the centre block on Mitchell's quilt.

Here are some pics of the completed blocks, I am thinking of either a lime green or orange sashing to brighten them up and then a softer outer border perhaps in a blue or grey. How does that sound?




See the owls and truck - these will be used for Mitchell along with the fabric with numbers on it

5 comments:

  1. those blocks are gorgeous and yes you could use the lime and orange borders. will definately brighten up the quilt.
    I really like the Ten Little Things range.
    Waht are you doing with them for Mitchell. Same as Leo's ????

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blocks are wonderful. The quilt will look amazing.
    That new line of fabric is great. I think Leo will be very happy with his quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow.. they are looking great.. this is going to be a fantastic quilt... I like your idea for the sashing and borders.... that fabric is such fun isn't it? Two wonderful quilts coming up
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blocks and the two sashing options. Going to be a very cute quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work on the blocks... love the colours and your colour choices for sashings too. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.