Monday, February 27, 2012

Some ME TIME

Firstly a BIG thank you to those of you that have read my blog and left comments over the past week, and a BIG sorry from me for not personally replying.  It has been a busy time with all the family festivities and very little ME time.  I would have shown some photos of the family, but I gave my camera to my son last night and asked him to take a few pics of everyone, especially Leo and jack playing together for the first time.  How dissapointed was I when I found he had taken one photo only of Leo. Maybe next time he can do the cooking and I will be the photographer.

I have managed to get three days off work this week, so once I had completed my chores - washed windows - ( yuk) and done the ironging (YUK ) I indulged in a lunch with DH, followed by a manicure.  Has any one tried the new Shallac nail polish, its lovely.

Then by 3pm I was in my LPS getting some extra fabrics to finish off a few quilts, and also I collected block one of my new BOM pond house. 

Firstly I worked on Butterscotch and roses jelly roll sampler for MIL )#1's 70th birthday.  I ordered the sashing and border fabric from the FQ shop and converting cm in the pattern to ordering in yardage I went a bit wrong and did not purchase enough for the sashing - it is supposed to be around the blocks and not just between them.  The lovely lady at Patchwork by Sea was very helpful, but sadly they did not have any of this range in store so I settled on a soft blue grey similar to what is in the fabric and did a narrow peeper border.  Here is the flimsy


I am happy with the end result and all I need to do now is make the quilt sandwhich, pin, quilt and bind it.

I also picked up some binding fabric for the carousel quilt that I am making for Ziva, and have sewn that on (the machine bit) ready for whip stitching in place in front of the TV watching the biggest loser and my kitchen rules tonight.  Then there is the beading and another UFO to strike off the list.  I will show that too you when its complete :)

As you can imagine I am itching like mad to get a start on Pond house, but I must first be true to myself and make at least 4 Farmers wife's blocks, as well as my block swap committments.  I also need to get at least block 1 underway of the shabby cottages, so I better get off this computer, and back into the sewing room before a hungry DH gets home from work. 

Here is the pic Jarrod took of Leo

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful fabrics you used for the Jelly Roll Sampler. I am sure the recipent will love it.
    Yeh!!! If you what a job done right do it yourself. Nice pic of Leo though..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well the one photo you got is pretty cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of news in your blog today and I like the quilt. Good job in sorting out your fabric oopsie. I am a fan of MKR aswell although tonights offering would have been too much for me. Cute photo of Leo!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.