Sunday, February 19, 2012

bits of this and bits of that

I don't have anything to show for this weeks efforts in the sewing room
I have pinned the Carousel quilt ready for quilting and hope to make a start on that today
I have finished all of the applique on the Adelaide floral sampler quilt
My package of border fabric has arrived in the mail from the Fat quarter shop so I have cut the sashing and border strips ready to piece together the butterscotch and roses sampler quilt.

I have made and sent by blocks for my 12 and 6 inch block swap recipients and posted the pics on the relative blogs and lastly I have signed up for yet another on line BOM.

This one suits me to a T with my love of shabby fabrics
Its called country cottages and is by shabby fabrics - its a great one for using up the odd scraps, I am going to make mine shabby but with a French influence.  I am a little behind as Jan and Feb's blocks are launched with March off the printer on March 7th. 

So recapping my plans for the rest of next week :
1. Quilt the carousel quilt
2. Add borders to jelly roll sampler quilt
3. Make at least 4 FWQA blocks - I have slipped behind on this project and as yet have not made any blocks this month
4. Try and start block 1 of the country cottages BOM

So it seems as though I am going to be busy I better get off the computer and onto the sewing machine.

quilted hugs, Sue xxxx

4 comments:

  1. Some days we surely could do with a 48 hour day to get everything achieved hahah. Im sure you will get it all done plus more :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi and thank you for visiting my blog. I only wish I didnt work full time so I had more sewing time.

      Delete
  2. You sound like me Sue. Lots to and not enough time to do it.
    Have fun sewing this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been busy.I love Country Cottages,too. I love shabby fabrics as you know.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.