Sunday, January 1, 2012

Welcome 2012

Happy New Year to everyone. 
Have you made a New years Resolution.  I have, Made a quilting one that is....

Its to finish 3 UFO's before I start any new quilts.  And I am itching like mad to start 2 new ones so I better get cracking on my UFO's.  I am also going to finish all of the little projects that I have partially done. 

I have also given my blog a new look.  I did a new collage for the header with some of my 2011 finishes featured, as well as my new grand daughter Ziva and I. 
I had a early start with getting my little red work finished in the final days of 2011, so I am going to count that to my 2012 finishes, well technically I still have to label it :)

As I write this my Oodles of Poodles top is laid out on the dining table, ready to form the quilt sandwich and pin for quilting so that will be two ticked off the list. 

I have just made a 2011 finishes page on my blog so if you are interested click onto the top tool bar and take a look.

Here is a pic of my favourite finish for 2011. 

My Lilac Hill pinwheel quilt .  I had a tutorial on the making of the pinwheels for  this quilt here






4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Sue... I have just been going through my UFO's!!! such a lot so I think your resolution is a very good one....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three finishes UFO before you start a new one...MMMM that sounds like a challenge.
    I have officially decided 2012 is the year of the UFO and already have a quilt started in 2010 well on the way to a finish...but have started a new one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HappyNew Year. A lot of gorgeous projects were completed in 2011, I think Ziva was the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue :) Here I am commenting on your blog :) The pinwheel quilt is very sweet. I desperately want to get some UFOs finished this year, but I`m trying not to overcommit and disappoint myself. Three finishes sounds like a great way to start.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.