Sunday, January 22, 2012

Playing with paper

I have not had an overly productive sewing week, mainly because the weather has been so warm which really does not make you feel like being stuck in the sewing room when its so nice on the beach and daylight does not end till 8pm.

Tonight I decided to practice some more paper piecing.  And as I had recently changed my block choice in the 6 inch group to a sail boat , which is paper pieced I thought I would have a go to see how hard - or easy it would be.  Now remember, this is about the 4th or 5th block I have ever made with paper piecing

Now I have made it, I can see where I went wrong with the sky so will fix that on my next attempt.

Earlier this week I made two more of my jelly roll sampler blocks,  I really love making these, they come together so nicely.

Block 4- rolling stone

Block 5- Rolling Pinwheel
 Here are the first 5 all together on my design board, you can also see the first 2 little yachts that Billy made for me in the 6 inch swap with my little fellow joining them


I also managed to get a few more FWQA blocks made this week - next time I work on this quilt I think I will be ready to add in another row,


62. Old Windmill

63. Oak maple leaf

64. Peace and plenty

65. Peaceful Hours
I also had another (mini) finish this week, my blue bird of happiness pin cushion.  I made one in reds last year and had done the stitchery for the blue one at the same time but never put it together.  As part on my New Years resolution to complete some UFO's, even mini ones like this count.



7 comments:

  1. Every UFO counts no matter how small. So many lovely blocks well done in the heat.
    Good luck with the paper piecing...is not my most favorite thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You HAVE been productive Sue... well done! All your blocks look great..so the quilt will be sensational! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry Sue ... NOT PRODUCTIVE?!!!! You've done an AMAZING job for someone who's been 'not productive'!!! LOL! .... All your blocks are fantastic!! Your FWQ and jelly roll sampler quilts will look Gorgeous when they are finished!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much fabulous sewing. well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blocks Sue. And I love the bluebird of happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sue, just popping around to catch up. I have posted about the same pincushion today!! I made mine into a heat pad for my mum... love yours..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh I would hate to see what you achieve when your busy hahahah I have become addicted to paper piecing, I have spent the last week playing with them and am now wondering why Ive never tried it before :) all your blocks are wow as well.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.