Thursday, January 12, 2012

I love cricket

Because it gives me non interrupted time in my sewing room.

Its Thursday and look what I have accomplished so far this week..... The first three blocks in my Jelly roll sampler quilt.


Block 1. Tulip

Block 2 Rocky road

Block 3 star choice

Before you start making this quilt, or any quilt with a jelly roll its a good idea to sort your colours first.  Here are my 12 bags of strips ready and selected to make each of the blocks that make up the quilt.

I am so pleased at how nicely the points have turned out.

I have also managed to make the next two two blocks in my FWQA.
............Here they are


Block 60. Noon& light
 
Block 61. Northern lights
And last but not least, keeping true to my white rabbit list I have made a start on the final block in the Adelaide floral sampler cutting out and fusing the applique ready for stitching on block 9 (the final block). 


Once I have appliqued this centre piece on I have to put the scrolls on 7 of the blocks, so that will be on the February list.  I have signed up for a new BOM called Pond house, but I have asked the LPS to hold off sending me this till March as I really have to be a good girl and finish of this BOM before I start another one.  I find when I have a deadline / commitment I actually am a good girl and get it all done.

Here is a sneaky peek of what pond house looks like

6 comments:

  1. Cricket must be really fantastic. your week's work seems like a month's work.
    I love your fabric choice for your jelly roll sampler. It's gorgeous. I love Fig Tree fabrics.
    Your adelaide floral will be magnificent when you finish it but it must have taken you lots of sewing hours.
    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW busy busy girl I see... love the blocks and your new BOM looks fantastic xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. you've got a good lot done.. .love the jelly roll sampler. I also like to have blocks all organised in their bags.... aren't we lucky to have then next test starting... will have to stitch some more!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW Sue.. you have been busy!!!
    Love that tulip block... will use that one for sure!
    Good on you for letting hubby have HIS time!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much gorgeousness here. Pond House is a spectacular quilt. Love the jelly roll blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are gorgeous Sue!! ... Where did you get the jelly roll quilt pattern?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.