Monday, January 9, 2012

I am allowed to change my mind

As they say, its a Woman's prerogative to change her mind. 

I had signed up for the Oh my stars quilt along, and last night spent the evening making the first three stars.


I was planning to do the whole quilt in blue and white and use up my stash in this colour way, but as I sewed these stars my heart was really not in it. 

Thinking about it today, I guess its because I have just finished Bold stars - which was 12 and 6 inch sawtooth stars, and one of my recently finished was little red work village, again sawtooth stars.  So I have pulled the plug on this quilt a long, so to speak.

Instead I am going to start my first Jelly roll sampler quilt using the delicious Butter Scotch and Rose


Just look at all of the delicious colours in this Jelly roll,
 Beautiful caramels, pretty soft green and blues, and lip smacking raspberries with some chocolate in there for good measure.  Sounds like an ice cream sundae.  I will be making the pattern depicted on the inside cover of the book (pic above).


Today in the mail was a first for me.
A NEW YEARS CARD


From the lovely thoughtful Leona or Leona's quilting adventures
Leona was a member of QBSA for some time, and is still a follower of the group, as we are of her blog.
Inside she was kind enough to include some charm squares in soft lemon and lime.

Leona is having a fabulous give away to celebrate having 900 followers.
so pop on over and pay her a visit.

4 comments:

  1. Yep you sure are allowed to change your mind anytime Sue. LOL.
    I have three jelly rolls I am iching to make WHEN I get a decent pattern for them.
    Enjoy !!!
    Leona is such a lovely generous lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wise girl to change tack. We sew for pleasure and if it isn't a pleasure then it seems silly to persist with something. Love the Jelly roll option. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course you are allowed... even though I was looking forward to your stars hahaha... love your jelly roll though and the pattern you have chosen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. If your hearts NOT in it.. then you won't enjoy it.. and you won't sew it! Move onto something that lights your fire! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.