Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Half way there and some Christmas mail

As my friends would know I took on the challenge of the Farmers wife Quilt along back in August. 
I am pleased (and relieved ) to officially be over the half way mark. Yes I have just completed block number 56 (out of 111).

Here is a snippet of what I have done so far.

I was going to add in another row with the ones that are loose (which is why its all on the floor), but after playing with them, I think I need to make another few more to have a better selection for the next row.  I am trying to keep with bright modern prints.

Here are the next few blocks I have made:

53. Jackknife

54. Kitchen woodbox

55. Linoleum

56. Maple Leaf
My other task this week has been to honour the promise to myself to finish some of my UFO's.  And this week I completed "Little Red work Village".  I started this quilt in July 2010, and the quilt top has been the longest resident in my UFO pile, and I really cant say why as I do love it.

Here is the top with the binding all stitched in place. 



 I decided to only stitch in the ditch on this one, and did this around the stars and along each of the three border pieces.  As the centre of each star is stitchery,  I didn't want to over quilt this one.  I do plan to hang it on a wall, but for now its thrown over the back of my sofa as it has a certain Christmassy cheer to it.

Here are some close ups of my favourite stars.

bird house

mansion

Quilt shop

tree house
And last but not least it was lovely to get some Christmas cards in the mail today from my friends that I have made over the time running QBSA. 

Thank you to Leena, who included some lovely bright Santa squares (she says for my pot holder collection), to Cathy who sent me a lovely hand made card, and to Ank who's card came all the way from the Netherlands.


and before I go, here is my Christmas tree, all trimmed up surrounded by gifts for my loved ones.

Love to all of you, and have a very happy and safe Christmas - Quilted hugs, Sue xxxxx

5 comments:

  1. You have done so well with your Farmers Wife blocks.... and I love your patchwork village... I must finish mine next year....
    Happy Christmas... you will all have fun digging into that lovely pile of presents...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Santa's helper must have stopped off at your home.. with all that loot there under the tree!
    Your farmers quilt top is looking great. Keep up the good work.
    Merry Christmas Sue to you and your family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Farmer's Wife quilt is the first one I've seen done in brights and I really like it! The black sashing makes each block pop. Your stitcheries are so cute and made up into a darling quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Farmers Wife quilt looks like it's coming along great! And your red work quilt is gorgeous!!! Have a fantastic Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue I would like to add my thanks as I am sure many others involved in the quilt swap would. You have been so good at your organisation, when I look at your blog and see what you have also produced I am in awe. I have trouble just keeping up. Merry Xmas to you and yours and may Santa bring you exactly what you want. Thanks once again

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.