Sunday, November 20, 2011

Sunday sewing

I had some time to my self today, so once the beds were stripped and sheets flapping on the line, and the basket of ironing done I headed for my sewing room.

I put a couple of borders on the carousel quilt for my new Grand daughter.  I am not following the pattern regarding the borders, but using my own artistic flair to do them.  I am loving how this quilt is turning out and cant wait to embellish it more as its completed.


If you click onto the picture you can see the lovely braid I have used above and below the horses. There will be some beading and embroidery on the horses too once all of the borders are on.

I was speaking with my son and his wife Kat earlier today and the doctor thinks that she may be come a little early so exciting times ahead.

I have also made three more FWQA blocks. The second two were a couple of the easiest ones I have made which was nice to have a break from all of the complicated blocks with little triangles. One more block to make and I am over the half way point.

52. Hovering hawks

53. Jack knife


54. Kitchen woodbox
I have completed 10 FWQA blocks this months so am ahead of schedule which is always nice. I only have to pin together my Henrietta's whiskers quilt to tick off all of the boxes in my white rabbit list, so thats a plan for one evening this week. 

2 comments:

  1. I love all of your Farmer's Wife blocks. To see other's blocks always motivates me with my
    own quilt. Thank you!
    http://starwoodquilter.blogspot.com/2011/11/homemaker-quilt-block.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blocks are great... but Ooo that carousel quilt will be gorgeous! Nice job Sue! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.