Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Get your bets on

Today is Melbourne Cup day in Australia - as they say the race that stops a nation.  It is not a public holiday in South Australia, but it may as well be as everyone seems to have a luncheon or party to go to.

I am off to a ladies lunch with the girls from work so I am all dressed up in a pretty frock with my hair done.  I have a facinator to clip in just before we head into town to the luncheon.  I will pop a few pics on later (if we remember to take some).

If you are having a flutter on the cup - good luck  ( I have my $5 to spend) - not really much of a gambler.

3 comments:

  1. I wish you all the good luck possible Sue. I hope you pick a winner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a wonderful Luncheon and a win.
    I am off to the dentist, :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a fun day Sue. Good luck with your $5 bet!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.