Thursday, November 3, 2011

Cheeky chaps

DH and I arrived home from taking the dogs for a run in the park and there was a lot of commotion going on in the next door neighbours tree, can you spot what was making all of the noise.

 A family of Gala's.  I moved in closer to try and get a better picture and they spotted me and flew off.  No doubt they will be back.  Look at all the seed pods on this tree that is their evening meal.

 Here is the last flowering flush of my winter annuals.  I love the vivid intensity of the purples, especially in the trailing lobelia.  We are building a pergola this summer (as soon as the council send the approval), so I cant wait to have some hanging baskets of this trailing down.

4 comments:

  1. I bet they are noisy. I had a noisy flock at my place with cockatoos eating my Magnolia buds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes galahs take every chace to get a quick feed.
    A pretty show of flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you just love the trailing plants flowing over a basket... yours' look pretty Sue. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The galah's are such fun to watch... love the trailing pansies....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.